This guide will show you how to easily rip DVD to PSP MP4 and MP3 with the perfect qulity.
Xilisoft DVD to PSP Converter is powerful, easy to use PSP conversion software. It can rip/convert DVD to PSP video MP4 formats and PSP audio formats MP3, M4A with the fastest speed.
!! It supports ripping DVD by custom file size; It auto-splits output file to several files to fit your PSP; You can compress movies to any size you need; You can select target subtitle and audio track etc.
1. Download Xilisoft DVD to PSP Converter, and install to your computer.
2. Load your DVD into the program: Please choose "Add DVD Folder" in the File menu or directly click the "DVD" button in the main interface, then select your DVD-ROM in the pop-up window and press the "OK" button.
3. All files from DVD disc are loaded as the following picture:
Two main modes to rip DVD: First, you can convert your whole DVD by highlighting the title which contains the whole episodes of DVD, such as the title_01 in the following screenshot. Second, if you like, you can select certain chapters to convert: Press "Show Chapters" button on the interface to find all the chapters in the file.
Tip: The "Title" button allows us to edit listed titles/chapters like renaming, removing, checking, etc, which is the same as the 'Edit' menu.
Tip: It supports multithreading and batch conversion. You can select all files you want to convert and Xilisoft DVD to PSP Converter will automatically rip them one by one, even if these files use different settings.
4. Highlight certain chapters you want to convert or just keep all chapters being selected. Then set output format: Select the target output format in "Profile" combo-box on the interface. You can select different output formats for different files.
Tip: You will get a first-class output file if you select “Excellent Quality”, but the size of the file would be quite large in this way. According to the test, in excellent quality conversion, if your original video file is in 2 hours duration, the output file will be larger than 500 MB, which means it is beyond the capability of 512 MB memory stick. But with “Minimal Size” output, the output file will be about 220 MB, which means it is possible that you store two movies on your 512 MB memory disk. Generally speaking, I recommend the default setting “PSP-PSP MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)”, which will produce medium quality in proper size.
5. Set output mode: After selecting certain output format, the right panel will show general standard of the format. By clicking certain setting, you may specify it. Or just keep the default settings.
Tip: It supports clip or segment conversion. You can convert any clip or segment by setting the start point and duration at will. For example, you want to rip a clip from 00:03:20 to 00:08:00 please click "Start time" to set the starting time 00:03:20 and click "Duration" to specify the length 00:04:40.
6. There are other options on the interface you can adjust. Or you can just keep the default settings:
* In 'Zoom' section, you can find four options. 'Letterbox', 'medium', and 'pan scan' will convert 16:9 format to 4:3 format. The Full option does not correct the aspect ratio. If you have a 4:3 DVD, use the Full option.
* In the 'Split' drop list, you may select the size of the volumes that you would like to generate.
* Select the output folder by clicking the "Browse..." button or directly enter a path in "Destination" box.
7. Begin to convert: Finally, press the "Encode" button. Note: The default setting is all item(s) checked. If you only want to rip certain item(s), check it/them, click "Encode", and then Xilisoft DVD to PSP Converter will rip them one by one. You would see the info "Completed" in the status column after a successful conversion.
8. After the files are successfully ripped, you may click the "Open" button to browse the output files.
9. How to move your converted files to your PSP?
* After the conversion is done, there will be two output files for each single loaded file. One is the .MP4 video file, playable with QuickTime on PC, another is a .THM file. Both of them are necessary for PSP. The two files are in the same main title, for example, if your original file is "test.avi", after the conversion, you will get two files: "test.mp4" and "test.thm".
* Xilisoft DVD to PSP Converter has integrated PSP Video Manager, which will be found in the “Tool” menu. Please get your PSP connected with PC first, and then run PSP Video Manager from the “Tool” menu. The program will detect “C:\Temp” automatically and show the PSP files in this folder on the left; the files on the PSP will be shown on the right, shown as “Removable Disk”. Please highlight the file which you want to put into the PSP and then click “Copy->”. The file will be transferred into PSP. After this step, you will see your file on the right, which means that the file is playable on the PSP now.
What to do next? Enjoy your DVD on the PSP right now!