QUOTE(bigphildogg86 @ Jul 16 2006, 06:22 AM)
Alright sorry for that Rambling...I'm going to reclarify in the steps that I took.
I have a xbox v1.6
1. Installed Duox 2 Cromwell Flash Chip by soldering the wires on the mother board.
2. Switched the Bank to the 2nd bank for v1.6
3. It came up with the Flash Bios Screen.
4. I attempted to flash the bios with a 256kb m8 bios.
5. Found that the xbox wouldn't start with that and would turn off and on but the chip was still flashing whenever it turned back on and no video on the tv.
6. Found out the correct way and that I had to make a 512 kb bios with m8+. So I switched to the other bank made for 1.0 to 1.5 and flashed that using the eurasia flash cd.
7. Started up the xbox and the Evox Symbol came up.
8. Used the Slayer's Evox installer and I did a hard drive rebuild on the original hard drive.
9. Started it up and the evox dashboard came up fine. I was able to play games and everything.
10. I ftp'd into the box and transferred a playstation game to F:\Games\Roms
11. Went and tried to start up pscx emulation.
12. The screen said loading and then froze.
13. I turned off the xbox and then turned it back on.
14. Now the box is doing exactly what it did when I messed up the 1.6 bank and is turning off and on and the mod chip's light is flashing. No video and the front light is flashing red and green.
15. Turned it on in regular mode with the bios chip disabled and the original bios starts up fine.
So I'm thinking both banks are messed up or a solder is just not very good on the bottom. Is there any way to recover from both memory banks being screwed? Ugh..or do I need to buy a new mod chip now?
Okay nvm I think I figured out now that the only way to fix this is to hotswap and so I do have to buy a new one and I'll just replace it. Or maybe I'll fix this one..meh we'll see.