I am having some problems trying to replace a DVD drive in my working XBOX360. I have two DVDROM drives, a H46DH (original), and a H32CE (replacement)- both drives are functioning. When I try to swap the H46DH with a H32CE the xbox360 won't read any discs, copies or originals, and I keep getting a white screen from the xbox360 dashboard saying "To play this disc, inseret into an XBOX 360"- this message is displayed in other languages as well.
I will post the steps I used to replace my drive, and maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.
was.bin -- Original firmware containging drive key from hitachi 46dh
now.bin -- Xtreme Firmware v1.3 with original key on hitachi 32ce
nowkey.bin -- Xtreme Firmware v1.3 with 46dh key on hitachi 32ce, unencrypted
nowkeye.bin -- Xtreme Firmware v1.3 with 46dh key on hitachi 32ce, encrypted ready to flash
1. Pull working dvd drive (46DH) out of xbox, connect to computer via XECUTER Connectivity kit for mode b, boot computer find drive letter in winXP.
2. Using XTRM-HITACHI-7IN1-V1_3-GaryOPA, flash the 46DH firmware to xtreme v1.3
3. Open KDX v1.5 and load the was.bin, previous firmware from 46DH, copy the drive key to clipboard.
4. Turn off computer, connect dvd drive (32CE) to computer via XECUTER Connectivity kit for mode b, boot computer find drive letter in winXP.
5. Using XTRM-HITACHI-7IN1-V1_3-GaryOPA, flash the 32CE firmware to xtreme v1.3
6. Open KDX v1.5 and load the now.bin, current firmware from 32CE, replace the key shown in KDX with the 46DH key from clipboard, save the firmware as nowkey.bin.
7. Using FirmCrypt in cmd prompt encrypt the firmware using the command- firmcrypt e nowkey.bin nowkeye.bin
8. Flash the new key to the 32CE using flashsec_win in command prompt using the command- flashsec_win e nowkeye.bin 90004000 1000
When I plug the 32CE drive into the xbox360 it opens and closes, but cannot read any games. A white screen always comes up saying "To play this disc, inseret into an xbox 360"