Sep 6 2006, 10:28 PM
hi while tidying up my xbox i shorted the length of my d0 wire too my duo x2 lite chip in doing so i touched the soldering iron on to the d0 pad on the chip too remove the wire and was met with a blue flash (not a good sign me thinks) i thought at first it was just down too a capactance charge as i hadnt long switched of the box but then a check round the back reveled that id forgotten too unplug it from the mains
now my xbox frags on start up both with the chip in and with it removed
will a replacement chip help? and if so does anyone know of any uk based stockists of a duox2 lite as the place where i got mine (custom xmodz) no longer has them in stock
Sep 7 2006, 08:15 AM
If it FRAGs without the chip then a chip alone will not correct the issue.
You most likely have zapped the mobo, so look at a new mobo and maybe a chip as well if that was caught in the crossfire
Sep 7 2006, 09:51 PM
phew seams the mobo escaped unscathed as i can now boot up my stock hd but think the duo's gone too silicon heaven (iv no idea where that is but fairly sure it involves implants lol)
does anyone know of a uk stockist of duox2 lites? or is there another chip i can use that will be a direct plug and play replacement for the duo? (preferablly preflashed)
Sep 11 2006, 06:31 AM
Sep 11 2006, 08:34 AM
You can buy a DuoX 2 from Here
It will fit straight in to replace the one you have.
Did you try the modchip installer section or BST here as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here