This is a complete snapshot of what is in CVS at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions.
Special Note From T3CH:
* Since XBMC is in a FEATUREFREEZE at the moment, I've decided to make more than one BUILD per week.
If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index....oper_Bug_Report
* Please note: Support for skins with versions below 2.0 has been removed
* XBoxMediaCenter.xml has been removed. Rootfolder shouldn't contain any xml files now. See this: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index....UserData_Folder , bookmarks are now in UserData\sources.xml
* If you are a translator, I'm sure Team XBMC would appreciate if you updated YOUR language file!
NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD
* Hope you don't mind the custom splash I included this time, it's mainly aimed at Swedes
If you're not a Swede you can read more about it here: http://pp-international.net/
* changed: Settings screens reordered.
Here is the FULL changelog since the September 04th 2006 build (last one posted on xbins/xbox-scene):
- 08-09-2006 fixed: Edit XBE Title was enabled for profiles that didn't have database access.
- 08-09-2006 fixed: Delete and Rename were sometimes active on parent folder items.
- 08-09-2006 fixed: Added workaround for iTunes v2.4 tag bug to libid3tag to allow us to load these (incorrect) tags.
- 08-09-2006 changed: Settings screens reordered.
- 08-09-2006 fixed: no info scanned for this view message didn't follow animations.
- 07-09-2006 updated: German (Austrian) language file (Thnx to CEOMR)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Spanish language file (Thnx to jose_t)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Norwegian language file (Thnx to vnm)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Indonesian language file (Thnx to djoens)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Polish language file (Thnx to napek)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Chinese (Simple) language file (Thnx to gamepc)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Italian language file (Thnx to kotix)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Chinese (Traditional) language file (Thnx to omenpica)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Catalan language file (Thnx to buc)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Swedish language file (Thnx to blittan)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Portuguese (Brazil) language file (Thnx to mvbm)
- 07-09-2006 updated: Slovenian language file (Thnx to xsiluro)
- 07-09-2006 fixed: Weather would create a file on Z: unnecessarily.
- 06-09-2006 changed: force read/fread functions to read the entire requested size normally, as libdvdcss can't handle truncated reads. (this potentially fixes the dvdplayer video distortions when playing over smb from certain landrives)
- 06-09-2006 fixed: <detectasudf> didn't apply to autorun / discs started using xbmc.playdisc.
- 06-09-2006 fixed: (hopefully) [ 1546405 ] Last.fm radio hangs after choosing a station
- 06-09-2006 fixed: TTF Caching speed (initial font draw) speed up (addresses [ 1530907 ])
- 05-09-2006 fixed: [ 1530770 ] QTB and repeating, [ 1547134 ] Internet Video Streams are repeated everytime.
- 05-09-2006 fixed: directory nav history was a bit off.
- 05-09-2006 fixed: many strings in English strings.xml: 195, 197, 333, 368, 645, 1247, 1251, 12016, 12347, 12362, 12367, 12368, 13290, 13308, 15039, 15040, 15214, 15260, 15266, 15267, 15276, 15277, 15278, 15279, 15280, 20045, 20046, 20053, 20054, 20072, 20075, 20076, 20100, 20101, 20174, 20310, 20312, 20313
- 05-09-2006 fixed: optimized memory usage of TTF texture and fixed a couple of potential crashes.
- 05-09-2006 changed: guibuilder.py correctly uses setCoordinateResolution(), add debug info. Read the top of the script.
- 05-09-2006 changed: LED and LCD Controll: new settings on Pause LED and or LCD Backlight will be switched On!
- 05-09-2006 changed: LCD Dim on playback, now uses its own setting
- 05-09-2006 fixed: FTP User Passwort is not identical with internal settings, if the user change the Password via FileZilla Server.xml and not over GUI settings!
- 05-09-2006 fixed: Infinite reboot loops when NTSC was set with EvoX to ID_REG_NA
- 05-09-2006 fixed: Settings FTP Server: on more then one FTP user,changing User password doesn't effect
INSTALL NOTES from T3CH readme/nfo:
* APPLICATION INSTALL
- Fresh Install: Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder (or where you want it).
- Upgrade: Backup the XBMC\UserData folder. Transfer whole XBMC folder to Xbox. Overwrite UserData folder with your backed up copy.
* DASHBOARD INSTALL (SOFTMODS)
ARE NOT COVERED IN THIS README, SEE http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=406656
* DASHBOARD INSTALL
- Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.
It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.
Instructions here: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard (Option 1).
Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
See APPLICATION INSTALL above.
- Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded) TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot (see http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).
* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old settings (from UserData/guisettings.xml)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in UserData/Database/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!
INFORMATION from T3CH readme/nfo:
XBMC's online manual can be found at http://wiki.xboxmediacenter.com/ .
Any questions or support issues, are best asked in the XBMC support forums, which are located at http://forum.xboxmediacenter.com , or in the official IRC support channel, #XBMC on EFnet. (NOTE folks in #XBMC can't help with info where to find builds)
If you want other skins (make sure they are up-to-date and compatible before installing them), see
- http://www.allxboxskins.com/skins/index.ph...=XBMC&cat=0 or
If you want other scripts (extra 3rd party components), see
- http://www.xbmcscripts.com or use the included script installer!
If you want trainers, grab them at
- http://www.xboxtrainers.net (no registration required)
- http://www.maxconsole.net (registration required)
The xbe has been retail patched and was built using v5849 of the XDK.
If you want to remove the startup logo, remove splash.png from the \media folder.
If you want to remove the startup sound, remove start.wav from the \skin\Project Mayhem III\sounds\ folder.
XBMC Changelog is included, see Changelog.txt
Skin Changelog is included, see Changelog_PM.txt