Finally got it to work!
I thought for a long time I must have had a special case that couldn't be saved. I was actually ready to give up and buy a Wii.
Please don't give up, Please stay persistent.
Here's how to do it:
1) Get Xtreme Boot Maker. Load Xtreme Boot Maker. Under "Xtreme Firmware" choose your orig.bin file. Check the box that says "Use Custom MTKFlash". Choose your VIA SATA Chipset in the drop-down box. Click on "Detect ID- I/O". Leave the MS28 boxes UNCHECKED. Choose your USB key drive letter in the drop-down box for Target Drive. Check the box that says Format and make bootable. Click on Prepare drive (This will ERASE everything on your usb key, so be very careful)
2) Open up windows explorer. Copy orig.bin onto your usb key. Now we are ready to flash.
3) Power off your PC and xbox. Connect your PC-DVDrom drive to an IDE Channel and your xbox 360 to your primary sata. All other hard drives and dvd drives should be disconnected.
4) Keep the xbox 360 powered off. Power on the PC. It will boot to Windows 98SE dos and an A:> prompt.
5) type the following: mtkflash w /m orig.bin
It will try to flash your PC-DVDrom drive, but don't worry, it won't because it looks for Code 70. You know you are doing this right if it auto-matically tries and says soething like "Port: B170, ..."
6) Boot up your xbox360 and let it boot completely.
7) Type in mtkflash w /m orig.bin and press enter. This time it will give you TWO options. One is for your IDE drive and the new option is for your sata drive (should be option 2).
8) Turn off your xbox360 at this point.
9) Press 2 on your keyboard. At the EXACT moment your press 2, start looking at your wrist watch. After EXACTLY (EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY!) 10 seconds, power on your xbox 360 with the power button.
It should start to flash
It did for me.
Thank you all very much, best of luck.