Content Update for creators.xna.com - New Demos, Tutorials, Utilities, ...
Posted by XanTium | April 27 00:03 EST | News Category: Xbox360
Team XNA Blog (FYI: MS owned blog):
This week brought us a new release of XNA Game Studio Express and now some great new content for http://creators.xna.com. You'll find a list of the new additions below. Once you've found what you like, head over to the website and check it out!
* Racing Game (Starter Kit)
It's finally here! This starter kit provides a complete XNA Game Studio Express game, including source code and game content such as models, textures, and sounds.
Racing Game is a 3D auto racing game that features advanced graphics, audio, and input processing. Race around the track and try to beat the ghost car to achieve the best time.
* New Samples
- Bloom: This sample shows how to use bloom post-processing filters to add a glow effect over the top of an existing scene.
- Render 2D Lines and Points: This sample shows how to extend the Spacewar VectorShape code to create PrimitiveBatch, which can be used to easily draw points, lines, and triangles on the screen.
- Game State Management: This sample shows how to manage the transitions between different menus and gameplay states.
- 3D Audio: This sample shows how to position sounds in 3D space, implementing panning, Doppler, and distance attenuation effects.
- Particles 2D: This sample introduces the concept of a particle system, and shows how to draw particle effects by using SpriteBatch. Two particle effects are demonstrated: an explosion and a rising plume of smoke.
- Shader Series 1: Vertex Shaders: This sample shows one of the most basic uses of shader effects - vertex lighting.
- Data Structure Article
- Shader Series Introduction article
- Shader Series supplemental article - FFP to Programmable
- Shader Series supplemental article - Coordinate Systems
- Advanced Audio Series Tutorial #1
- Advanced Audio Series Tutorial #2
- All tutorial videos are now available for downloading and viewing offline.
- Bitmap Font Maker Utility: This utility converts Windows TrueType fonts into .bmp files that can be imported using the XNA Framework Content Pipeline. This allows you to modify the rendered font .bmp file before loading it into your game, and to add effects such as drop shadows and embossing to your fonts.
- Controller Graphics: This utility is a set of Xbox 360 Controller and controller button graphics that you can use in your game.
Full Story: Team XNA Blog
Official Site: creators.xna.com