New Content on XNA Creators: New Mini Game, Tutorials, Samples
Posted by XanTium | May 24 21:52 EST | News Category: Xbox360
XNA Team Blog (FYI: MS owned blog):
We've got more great content available on http://creators.xna.com this month, including a new mini game, new tutorials, and new samples to keep you busy throughout the month of June. If there's specific content you're interested in, be sure to leave feedback on our blog as your suggestions help us build better content. Enjoy the new additions!
* Catapult: Catapult is a complete XNA Game Studio Express minigame. The project comes ready to compile and run, and it's easy to customize with a little bit of C# programming. You are free to use the source code as the basis for your own XNA Game Studio Express game projects, and to share your work with others.
The goal in Catapult is to launch a pumpkin from your catapult as far as you can. You do this by moving the catapult towards the log and launching the pumpkin. If you wait too long, the catapult will smash into the log and you will have to try again. The all-time high score is kept in the upper-left corner.
* (Available Next Week 05/28/07 - 06/01/07 ) Video Tutorial 4: Make a Game in 60 Minutes
* Collision Series 1: 2D Rectangle Collision
* Collision Series 2: 2D Per-Pixel Collision
* Shader Series 2: Colors and Textures
* Particle Series 2: 3D GPU Particles with Point Sprites
* Color Replacement
* Content Pipeline Importer: Custom Mesh Format
* 3rd-Person Chase Camera
Full Story: XNA Team Blog
Official Site: http://creators.xna.com