May 29 2007, 11:27 PM
Please Can Someone HELP i have a sony bravia 50" hdtv
with RGB cable i get shadows on the text from xbox 360 and in all games
if a swith from one setting to another (720 to 180i) the screen is alright when you get the IS THIS SETTING OK if i pick yes and swicth then the shodows come back .........
May 31 2007, 08:00 PM
RGB cables don't support HD resolutions I'm guessing you're either using Component or VGA? While component cables have red green and blue leads they are NOT RGB.
There are a number of different problems that could be defined as "shadow"
usually my solutions are as follows
1. make sure your console is set to output at the native resolution of your display
2. plug your console direction into your display, bypassing any receivers, switch boxes, adapter, etc. (this will determine if they're introducing the shadow)
3. plug your display and console directly into the wall outlet bypassing any UPC or surge protector devices.
4. if all else fails buy a power conditioner and plug both your TV and console into that.
5. if you're still having the problem something is broken.