QUOTE(davelef @ Jun 29 2007, 04:50 PM)
Is there a way to reset all settings? or anything else to get ftp up and running.
Is there a way to update dashboard via CD?
There is no auto-update via cd, but it can be done (note, you'll probably have to use cd-rqw or dvdr due to xbox dvd-rom limitations).
I would not suggest overwriting your old xbmc folder via cd. Either use another app/dash to copy the files, or do something like this:
1. Burn XBMC to cd/dvd, renaming the xbmc folder to xbmcnew.
2. Using XBMC's filemanager, copy xbmcnew from the cd into E:\Apps\ (or wherever your existing xbmc is)
3. Boot into the new xbmc by entering xbmcnew, and clicking on default.xbe. Verify everything copied and works.
4. Whilst still in the new xbmc install, rename the old xbmc folder to xbmcold.
5. Boot xbmcold by entering xbmcold, and clicking default.xbe
6. Rename xbmcnew folder to xbmc.