PlayStation Home - The Deep Throat Report
Posted by XanTium | 28-8-2007 0:10 EST
* What areas do you have access to within the beta, and how large are they? i.e. is the movie theater sizable or only a few rooms?
* There are 4 areas, all of which were shown at GDC.
1. Your apartment. There is only one apartment available right now. I'd say it's about 15ft x 40ft.
2. The Lobby. It's the same area that was first shown at GDC. This area is quite large, about the size of a football field. There are places to sit and chat, and large screens to watch.
3. Movie Theatre. This is the same area shown at GDC. When you walk in there is a large screen playing a Spider-Man 3 trailer. There are 10 theatre rooms which currently show a variety of game and movie trailers.
4. The Game Room. The game room is about half the size of the lobby, which is more than big enough. It's easily the most popular room. There are 6 pool tables, 4 bowling lanes, and 10 arcade machines.
* Is there anything you can think of that's cool or that sucks that we didn't ask you about the beta?
* I'll start with what's uncool. Some features that they've showed us since GDC are still not there, and nothing from E3 is. Sony also had a monthly roadmap of improvements/features/places they were going to implement but have not followed it. Home has had one update since launch. For example the roadmap said that more games were coming, pointing to chess as an example.
Also, for some strange reason, my hair changes color for no reason as I walk in and out of locations.
What's cool? Home works. What I mean by that is it's easy to go in and socialize and have a fun time doing it. People generally have a good time. It has a very open atmosphere, so you can pretty much walk up to anyone and start chatting with them. I've made friends in Home that I play online games such as Resistance or MotorStorm with. The Home beta has left me very excited about the final product, as it should be even more enjoyable when everyone I know has access to it.
Full Story: ps3.ign.com (2 pages)