Alright, well I did some more digging around, since it seems I'm not going to be spoonfed.
I opened up dophinclassic.dsp, and made sure my .dsp that is a win32 program project file, had #TARGTYPE changed to:
# TARGTYPE "Xbox Application" 0x0b01
I also changed some lines to look like these lines:
# ADD BASE CPP /nologo /W3 /GX /Ztmp /O2 /D "WIN32" /D "_USE_XGMATH" /D "_XBOX" /D "NDEBUG" /YX /FD /G6 /c
# ADD CPP /nologo /W3 /GX /Ztmp /O2 /I "..\..\Common\include" /D "WIN32" /D "_USE_XGMATH" /D "_XBOX" /D "NDEBUG" /YX /FD /G6 /c
More specifically /D "_XBOX" was /D "_WINDOWS". I didn't add /D "_USE_XGMATH" because I'm not entirely sure what that does, and it seemed to want to create my .xbe files just the same. I figure xgmath is something that's maybe needed in the dolphinclassic project.
Anyways, it seems that what I need now is an Xbox equivalent of windows.h. I've noticed some registry stuff is bombing, and that there seems to be no NULL without windows.h. And again, if anyone would point me to an irc channel, or more importantly, some sort of tutorial for porting windows applications, I'd be forever greatful. Thanks again.