I followed all the instructions for initializing a new disk using xboxhdm....
I have a modded xbox v1 w/xecuter2.0 chip, xecuter 4xxx bios, evox dash, dvd2xbox, & xbmc all working with original drive.
- downloaded xboxhdm v1.9
- ran "backup" from evox dash
- backed up C & E drives from original disk
- copied C & E contents into the C & E folders for xboxhdm
- copied eeprom.bin from c:\backup folder into the eeprom folder for xboxhdm
- ran cmd to create iso
- burned iso
- booted PC using CD w/new drive attached, worked through freeze problem by connecting drive after boot (bios didn't have any way of disabling the freeze, but unplugging power and plugging power back in right before boot worked for me)
- ran option 1, and ran xboxhdm command - successfully initialized C, E, & F
- rebooted and ran option 3, successfully locked HD.
- Drive shows as locked via system utils in xbmc
Problems encountered with new drive:
- rented game (tested madden08) won't play at all....tried from HD and DVD w/chip enabled, and also with MS and chip disabled...can't get it to play at all. Also tested with another rented game, splinter cell. I put original drive back in xbox, and madden plays fine - both from HD with chip enabled, and from DVD with chip both enabled/disabled
- Sometimes I get black screens when navigating using xbmc...the app still works b/c I can hear clicks as I use the remote... I found that if I navigate back a few times to the main screen, the main screen will appear, and I can then go back to where I was and it works fine???
- ftp is flakey with the new drives... I tried to reinstall xbmc w/ftp, and it seems to work for a sec, and then stops xferring... using coreftp as the ftp client... works fine with original drive
I've built 3 drives to test different drives b/c I wasn't sure if it was a locking problem...all the mucking around and I popped off a wire from my chip and had to re-solder.
Tried HD upgrade via booting from CD on the xbox itself, but none of my CD/DVD media seems to work (xbox just won't boot)...so that's why I went with the PC setup option w/xboxhdm.
Any ideas? Running out of patience...been at this for days, and finally gave in to posting.
Thanks to everyong for all the tutorials and posts that have gotten me this far.