Blu-ray Dominating HD DVD in Europe
Posted by XanTium | 28-11-2007 21:45 EST
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe passed along some figures today regarding the next-gen disc format across the pond. Total Blu-ray Disc movie sales across Europe have now surpassed one million units. Moreover, of the high-def movies purchased by consumers this year in Europe, 73 percent have been in the Blu-ray format (the other 27 percent being HD DVD, of course) - through the week ending November 4, according to Media Control Gfk International.
In the latest week ending November 4, Gfk said that Blu-ray movie sales, which totaled 66,000 units, were at their highest level since the format's debut. This was attributed to the release (in some markets) of titles such as 300, Spider-Man 3, Die Hard 4.0 and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
Full Story: gamedaily.com