I picked up what's probably a refurb 360, I started off using component out, it used to be every so often the image quality went all wonky, horizontal scan lines fuzzing in and out and then the image would settle into what looks like a low color depth. Then the box started booting without video, now it hardly boots video and when it does the image is always bad ( or quickly downgrades to ) as described above and shown below, including the dashboard.
- tried multiple resolutions, 480p, 780p, 1080i, no change
- tried component and composite, no change
- tried multiple tv's, Sanyo LCD projector and Panasonic LCD TV, no change
- tried new HDTV cable, no change
- tried updated dashboard, no change
Any ideas? I can't seem to get component to work at all now and composite video boots only when the box feels like it. Any help would be appreciated, seems too me like the GPU is pooched. The image below is what I'm seeing on the screen, the photo is not a bad photo, this is what the xbox is putting out.