QUOTE(sleepybrown @ Dec 29 2007, 08:54 PM)
Does anyone know where I can find one or two? If I was really thinking, I would had bought about 20+ of xenium modchips.
I feel your pain
I've modded xboxes for myself, friends and family in the past for them to have an excellent media center. The last chip I bought was a Xenium Gold sometime during the spring of last year. Had I known they would stop production I would stock up for sure.
I'm gonna piggyback off of this thread and ask a question to the scene:
Our bedroom xbox broke the other day so I need to mod a new one. I'm a Xenium "veteran" and have no experience with other chips. Is the installation procedure the same on the Xecuter chips ? Will I be able to copy the original drive over to a new drive by temporarily replacing the dvd drive with the new hard drive ?
This is the procedure I'm used to:
1. install pin-header
2. solder some wires. Complexity depending on xbox version
3. Plug in mod chip, solder D0
4. Flash chip with bios of choice
5. Remove cd drive, plug in new hard drive
6. use Xenium OS to do drive duplication
7. reconnect cd drive & replace old hard drive with new hard drive
8. hope that everything works
If anyone could recommend a chip for me which would require the least amount of learning new procedure, I would highly appreciate it !