Mar 11 2008, 04:16 PM
Alright i know you're fed up with this question " How can I change my dashboard to XBMC"?
I read all the tutorials several times however i can't manage to do it. I am using unleashx as my opening dashboard. so i'm not using evoxdash.xbe. I tried changing it by ftp and i really messed up everything. I re-installed everything from the beginning and i don't want this happen again to me.
My question is:
My xbox is hardmodded(have a x2 modchip). I read that by using AID disc, you can change your dashboard very easily. However, i got concerns. I am afraid that all my settings in the C: can be wiped out. I don't want this to happen. So what should i do really?
Mar 12 2008, 06:45 PM
Mar 12 2008, 06:57 PM
1. Install XBMC to it's 'standard' location: E:\apps\XBMC (Optional - you could install it anywhere, but why?)
2. (Optional - you could skip this step) Figure out what FILE your chip/bios is booting. (Probably c:\evoxdash.xbe, even if you are booting unleashx...) Rename it if you want to keep it.
3. Get the XBMC shortcut pair (In _tools folder on T3CH releases - SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg, SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe)
4. Copy the shortcut files (two of them) to C:\
5. Rename them to evoxdash.xbe, evoxdash.cfg
6. Verify that evoxdash.cfg contains E:\apps\XBMC (not case sensitive)
Mar 13 2008, 01:23 PM
thank you very much i'm gonna try this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here