QUOTE(Mikesshunk @ Jul 9 2008, 10:29 AM)
Is there any program I can use on my Xbox to unlock my hard drive without use of a PC. The hard drive is locked to a system which no longer works so I can't unlock it on that.
There's a difficult way, the linux based tool like chimp26 or xdsl can do it but you'll need to be good at Linux as it's all command-line. Another problem is that for the password option, the linux tool accepts only a hexadecimal password.
I just thought of another way , your 1.0 is softmod? Assuming the locked drive was locked by configmagic/evox. Your configmagic needs to be on dvd. You need an external power source for the locked drive. You need an unleashX boot disc. Try this:
1. Power the locked drive with external power.
2. Connect the hdd ide cable to the locked drive and let it boot to an error 6.
3. Disconnect hdd ide cable.
4. Power off xbox.
5. Connect back hdd ide to original drive and let the boot disc with configmagic on it boot.
6. Use the file manager in the boot disc to navigate to D:
7. hotswap hdd ide cable to locked drive.
8. launch d:\default.xbe
9. use file manager to launch configmagic.
Caveat: This will only work if the locked drive was locked by configmagic and the master password was set to TEAMASSEMBLY. Step 9 was only tested on xbox ver 1.6
The technique came from the link in my sig on the boot disc to upgrade softmod xbox drive.