Please believe me when I say I have researched this all over the place and I've tried everything so I'm completely at the end of my rope. I have no clue what else to do...
Every single burn I have made has problems. I get the Disc Unplayable error message. I can get the disc to finally play after ejecting it and closing dvd drive multiple times. There is no consistency to making a disc work. Sometimes my 360 will play it on the first try, other times it can take me 30 minutes.
I have had a friend burn a few of the exact same backup ISOs on his computer using the exact same stack of Verbatim discs and every single one of them works perfectly fine.
Here's what I have tried:
- At first I thought it was my NEC 3550A burner, so I tried multiple firmwares for it. No change.
- I thought maybe it was just the burner itself, so I bought a Pioneer 116. No change.
- I found the exact same drive my friend is using: a Pioneer 112. No change.
- I thought it was my PC. I tried my two home PCs (older custom built AMD box and an older Dell) and my work PC (brand new Quad-core Dell). Same results no matter which computer I burned on.
- I thought maybe some software I have installed on all my machines was causing issues. So I burned a game in Ubuntu. Same problem.
- Last resort, I calibrated the pot on my 360's Hitachi DVD-ROM drive. Didn't change a thing.
If anyone has been in a similar situation, any information would be helpful.