I just got an Xbox 360, with Jasper Chipset and a LiteOn DVD-drive. I am a complete noob when it comes to 360's and I can't really find any clear answer to my questions.
I really want to get it modded soon. (I've read a lot of tutorials but I decided to spend a couple bucks to get it modded and avoid any risks.
I wouldn't forgive myself if it got F'ed up.
Anyway, I have some questions about what are do's and dont's after modding.
1. I can use my original xbox360-games on Xbox Live (gold) without any problems right?
2. I can't use my xbox360-backups on Xbox Live (gold), well I could but I'd risk getting banned and then I can't even play my originals on Live.
3. If I put a backup in the dvd-drive, the game starts up, and it says "update available". Can I press on yes? (because of getting banned and such)
4. Can I download upgrades (such as cars, skins, maps etc. etc.) from the menu of a backup? If not, can I do it from the Dashboard and then load them into my backup game?
If "no" applies to no. 3 & 4:
5. Is it smart, when playing a backup, to just leave the networkingcable out of the xbox all together?
And how about warranty, when I get my drive flashed, and a couple months later my xbox gets the RROD or any other problem, can I just send it to Microsoft? Or is it possible to flash the original firmware back on the drive and then send it to Bill?
Thank you very much.