Hello all. Have read through all the tutorials on this site (thanks to all who contributed), and attempted to TSOP mod an old refurb xbox I picked up. Usaing the tutes (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=165208&st=) to ID the box, it's a version 1.1 with Samsung drive, as it has the single pin, 3 section power connector and no fan. Also has a 40 pin Hynix F29.. TSOP, so need a 1Mb bios. Here's what I've done to date:
- softmodded via MA savegame, with usual apps on there including Evox and raincoat
- soldered the two points in the tute for a v1.1, one front & 1 back of mobo
- made a 1Mb bios from IND BIOS 5003 256k
- attempted to flash from Evox, told it has a 256k Winbond (not write enabled, so outputs that dud line in the code as many people get I assume)
- touched up solder & tested for electrical continuity along tracks either side of solder jobs with multimeter probes, and is fine. Resistance drops as expected (this is on the tracks away from solder blob, not just across the solder)
- tried both Evox and from raincoat savegame and told TSOP not write enabled
- banged head against wall :\
The only thing that confuses me is this box has a manufacturers date of 2007, yet it's clearly a v1.1 by board layout/parts and the serial number. It is a refurb from EBGames though? Not sure if this means I'm using the wrong solder points? Thought by 2007 all boards would be a v1.6?
I do have it softmodded, but want to replace the DVD rom with a PC one, and make it much simpler to change HD and recover if anything goes wrong.
I also have another softmodded xbox and a chipped one (cheapmod) if required at all.
What have I done wrong, and should I try more solder points?
Thanks for any help.