ok ill try answer these questions as best i can:
1)if you flash, you can still play originals online just fine, the same goes for a chip... either way, originals are OK online
2) according to "the scene", the backup is detected as being not original... thats why you get banned... thats where the stealth checks come into play... if it passes all the checks, its ok to play online
3) taking the console apart is a chore at first til you get the hang of it... you DO NOT need any special kit... a small flathead worked just fine for me the first time i took it apart... look at youtube for a video tutorial for taking it apart
4) nme is NOT wave3 compatible, there are wave 1, wave 2, and wave 3 games... if you backup a wave 3 game the same way you back up a wave 1/2 game (and intend to play it with the chip), it will not work... you need to replace 2 files that make the chip think the game is wave 1/2...
5) the nme can be flashed according to the dev team that made it... BUT they have never put out an update for the chip... ever... and do not expect them to
6) flashing the firmware on the drive is easy to do... and only needs to be done when MS puts out a change to the games that makes it not compliant anymore...
overall... you cannot play backups online with the chip... you can when you flash the firmware... i like the chip because there is no way i can go online with a backup... if any of this information is wrong (i dont think any is) i apologize... best of luck
QUOTE(boon147 @ Jul 18 2009, 04:02 PM)
Just need some things clarifying tho,...
If i flash (and would be the cheaper option) am i right in thinking that if i play only my original online i would be OK? <<< I Would disconnect / switch off ethernet when running backups. I understand that its the backups that the console detects, and then MS bans you, as opposed to detecting hacked firmware?
Also, what options are in place so i only have to take my console apart once to flash?? I seen the Xecuter connect kit, but that puts me about on par (cost wise) with a chip?
I have doubts now about the fact that the NME is not 'Wave 3' compatible? What is Wave 1/2/3? And can the NME be flashed to rectify this issue? Would the firmware hack have this problem also?
And lastly, how often do you have to flash the firmware on the drive?
Many Thanks in advance,