I was wondering how you got the Mechinstaller to work on the xbox? I select "Install Linux" and it keeps going to a black screen and freezes there.
I wait for 10mins before I restart. I look on youtube and I find a video where a guy gets his to work in less than 3mins.
My xbox seems fine, kernel 1.0. The mechassault I have is the correct one cuz it loads the save files.
Here's what I did:
1. I downloaded the action replay save file zips from the xbox-linux site
I followed the directions from this link to tranfer save: Action Replay USB Hack
2. Using action replay I transferred the saves to my 256mb usb stick (its a SanDisk cruzer mini, yes I checked it and its compatible)
3. I booted up the xbox with a controller in port 1 and my usb thumbstick connected to port 2 with a prebuilt usb to xbox cord.
4. Transferred the mechnstaller saves to the hardrive, removed the usb stick when finished and restarted my xbox with mechassault inside.
5. From the menu I went to CAMPAIGN > Install Linux and then it freezes
What do I do? If you got yours to work with the action replay method please tell me how and links to your mechinstaller files.