nearly 2 years ago i used the mechassault exploit to softmod my system. In the process I installed a 750gb drive.
I was/am able to ftp in, install apps, run emulators, watch movies, etc etc. The one issue I have constantly had is using dvd2xbox. 70% or so of the time it seesm to work fine, but with specific titles (whether I use dvd2xbox or ftp a game over) they will always lock. Conker L&R is one example - I have ripped it 5 times, and also tried ftping a copy over - both ways i get a stuttering flicker at the first screen that locks the entire system. MK: Armageddon runs fine until the title screen, at which point it locks up. Again, multiple rips and tried the ftp.
I quit messing with the system back then because no one had a clue what was wrong. I have recently dusted my xbox off though and I am determined to figure out what is going on. I would really appreciate some ideas here.
Here is what may be relevant:
750gb HD, unlocked and locked just fine
runs using UnleashX. I tried the latest version and had the same problems, so I stuck with my older version (0.37.1218A Build 543) as I couldn't find menu options to download previews and such in the new one.
Currently I have the drive partitioned accordingly:
C - 500mb
E - 4,881mb
F - 353gb
G - 353gb
X, Y, Z - all have 750mb
I used xboxhdm originally to make these partitions. I still have my linux.iso and original eeprom files saved from that process (again, this was a while back i tried this initially).
I have tried searching for other people who have had this problem, although I haven't had any luck. I really hope someone here has an idea as to what is going on. Thanks for reading.