I just upgraded my Xbox Hdd from 8gb Stock drive to 80gb seagate. I followed these directions
dotsyntax (and any others)
QUICK TUTORIAL FOR UPGRADING HARD-DRIVE AFTER ALREADY SOFTMODDING STOCK DRIVE VIA NDURE
1) Get xboxhdm and extract it.
2) Use ConfigMagic to extract your eeprom. FTP this to your pc, rename it to eeprom.bin, and put it into the /eeprom folder of xboxhdm.
3) Go into File Manager on your xbox, navigate to e:/ndts and run the default.xbe in there. This will load an altered version of unleashx with full access to C and E.
4) FTP your C and E drives onto your pc and put them in the respective folders in xboxhdm.
5) Run make-iso-win in xboxhdm and burn the iso with alcohol 120% or any other alternative image burning software.
6) Place the xboxhdm CD in your cd drive and then shutdown your PC. Disconnect your hard-drive. Connect your new hard-drive to the primary master and then boot up your computer.
7) When xboxhdm loads up choose option 1, then when it's loaded type xboxhd. Choose option 1 again to prepare xbox hard-drive from scratch. Answer Yes to all the questions and when it is finished hit reboot.
8) Now when xboxhdm comes up choose option 3, and then once this is loaded type 'lockhd -a'. This will find your eeprom.bin and lock the hard-drive.
9) Your new hard-drive is now ready to put into your xbox and will be an exact mirror of your existing xbox drive but obviously with a lot more free space.
I did everything correctly. When I hooked it up it didn't load Unleash X but did load the ms dashboard. I tried opening the song and saving its as Eggsbox. Still nothing. Had this problem before when I soft modded my xbox the first time. Not sure what I did to get it working. Any help would be appreciated.