hi guys im new to the scene. im not interested in modding or playing backups. i just want to learn to fix stuff and figured the xbox 360 was a good place to start. as it is of interest to me. so to craigslist i went first one i bought was e74 and when i ran the serial #was covered in warranty even though mfd 9\2007 i sent it in(win) . not bad for 30$. so i purchased another (open tray error) for 40$ with two working controllers and all cords (no hard drive). mfd 10-15-08.
O.K. this one (based on what ive read around here has prob had the dvd replaced improperly because i can tell the case has been opened it plays dvd's and cd's fine but says open tray with games. it has the latest dash update and according to other posts i did a network connection test and it doesnt appear to be banned from live.
So my n00b questions are.
1. Can this be fixed to play games (not super important i have two working 360's)
2. Can i just use it for a streaming box,a dvd player,and for arcade games. (without getting banned)
3. Best resources for learning repair. ive read to start with RRoD and Drive errors?
4. Basic tools to Start with (Access Pro Tool Kit V3)worth it? Software i should get etc.
5. What should i be paying for broken console and approximate values when there fixed or not. i dont want to get rich i just want to tinker and have it fund itself. i dont mind making a few bucks to pay for my gaming habit
5.5 What questions to ask sellers?
6. What 360 parts are swappable to be used on other machines for repair.
7. anything else you think i should know.
thanks in advance as i learn i will also help others here please dont tell me to go f myself i've search for hours and found very specific answers to specific problems but nothing as a general starting point for what im looking to do