First of all, I'm no stranger to mod chips. It has been a while but I built 5 or 6 modded XBox1s a few years back. I'm not the best with a soldering iron but I can find my way around with one and I am ok with a multimeter.
I currently have a working XBox1 with a DuoX2 GS white chip. I have had it for a few years and wanted to have something to play around with so I bought a 2nd ver 1.1 box and two DuoX2 GS white chips. I bought two just in case I needed a second one for trouble shooting (and perhaps building a 3rd box).
I installed the pin header and my solder points looked good. I jumped BT to G to have a constant on and soldered D0 to the alternate spot.
If I boot with the chip installed it boots to the MS dashboard.
If I boot with alligator clips connecting D0 (still wired to the alternate point) to the metal of the case I FRAG.
No lights have ever lit up on the chip.
What I have tried as far as troubleshooting:
1) Freshened up the solder on all points between the header and motherboard.
2) Pulled chip #1 off and put chip #2 on. Used alligator clips to jump from D0 on chip #2 to D0 on chip#1 (still wired to the Alt position on the motherboard - continuity checked of course). This boots to MS dashboard with no LED lit on the chip.
3) Checked for continuity in various places:
- All header pins have continuity to somewhere on the motherboard
- All header pins have continuity to the chip's board.
- D0 and ALT D0 (both on motherboard) have continuity.
I don't think I screwed up horribly when soldering and I wanted to ask for advice before messing with the solder joints again. I am worried about screwing them up and having to buy another XBox.
Anyone have some advice for me?