Dec 21 2011, 09:17 PM
i've searched and read through the majority of posts here that make mention of the random error 13 and 21 messages and from what i could pick up on, does the adapter determine whether or not i get those errors? Will swapping out my IDE>SATA adapter fix the problem? Thanks in advance
Dec 22 2011, 08:48 PM
so your saying that it doesn't happen every time?
Dec 22 2011, 10:10 PM
nah, just randomly. i've tried to troubleshoot what leads up to it throwing a 13 or 21, but no rhyme or reason. To make it even more interesting, sometimes it'll even boot to the original M$ dash. I'd say 20% of the time, i get an error message.
BTW, thanks for the reply. any idea what's going on here?
Dec 23 2011, 12:04 AM
Things I would try.
1. Make sure that IDE and power cables are snug on the drives or replace it if you have another one from and old pc.
2. Reinstall the dash your using.
3. Make sure the drive isn't making odd noises.
I had a similar problem, but on mine the drive was starting to get noisy and the drive eventually fried so I would backup whatever you want to keep just in case.
Dec 23 2011, 10:48 PM
thanks will check. it maight be my SATA>IDE adapter, and shouldn't be the the hard drive since it's brand new. Don't know if i relish the though of reinstalling my dash as i'm not sure what will get erased...
Dec 28 2011, 04:49 PM
been doing some troubleshooting and the errors seem to occur after a not-so-proper shutdown. if i just up and press the power button when in the middle of a game/xbmc, unleash, it'll throw the error next time boot up. Now if i properly "shutdown" from the menu on my dash, or in xbmc, i can reboot with no errors. i'd really like to get this sorted out, so if anyone has any ideas besides "just properly shut down form now on" i'm all ears.
Apr 16 2012, 04:09 PM
Problem still happening and thought i could deal with it, but it's becoming a real pain. I have a fair amount of data already installed on the HDD and am hoping to avoid reformatting if at all possible, but don't know if it's avoidable.
In addition to the random error 13, random error 21, and ramdom booting to M$ stock dash, sometimes the text on screen will either be jumbled, or 90% gone with random letters strewn here and there, AND at times
my F&G drives will not be detectable. I have a hunch it may the the IDE>SATA adapter, but what i'm asking from the xbox tech gods here is:
what do i have on my hands here and what do you suggest i do to correct things?
I flashed my TSOP and ran AID one click HD upgrade when i started to give you an idea of how
i installed the mod. Is it possible to re-install with out reformatting my F&G drives?
Thanks in advance,
Apr 19 2012, 02:29 PM
I did some tinkering last night/this morning with the SATA>IDE adapter, and it seems that i have a clearance issue. When the top half of the console shell is tightened up, it leaves next to no breathing room, what looks to be happening is the plastic "ribs' underneath the shell is putting enough pressure on the IDE cable that comes off of the HDD and also on the way the adapter sits that it causes the error 13. I must have tested my theory at least 30-40 times. With the top half off, it booted up normally each and every time, no errors, no funny text, drives showed up with remaining space. Then rebooted, but put slight pressure on the area in question as if the top half of the shell is on, and errors every single time. I tried to shave off some of the protruding plastic rib (for lack of a better term) with a utility knife to gain some space, but at 2am, i was still getting errors, so i'll have to get a dremmel to take more off to give as much breathing room as possible under the hood.
It wasn't all a loss though. Not only did i isolate the root of my errors, but i also got crafty with the four rubber feet on the bottom of the case. They have been off ever since i started this project for easy access in and out. I wanted to use double-sided tape to reattach, but couldn't find any in the house, so i grabbed some super-glue and a hole puncher. I cleaned off the feet and contact area of adhesive residue, punched a hole in the rubber right where the bolt would sit underneath, and oila! feet back on permanently with access to the four corner bolts with no need to take off the rubber feet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here