May 14 2012, 02:47 PM
Hi guys,just wondering if my Jtag QSB's could be too fault with my Jtagged 360 giving me random E79 error with 1 red flashing light on the RF board.I had the Jtag QSB set to 330ohm's but now i've moved it to 470 ohms to see if this will sort it out.It's just so annoying when it does E79 error on me and i have to go over all the Jtag part of the QSB's and heat the solder points up then reassemble my console then have to go through the Xbox 360 SETUP.Has anyone had this happent to there Jtagged 360 and if so,how can it be prevented from throwing me anymore E79's in future ?
Thanks indeed fellas :)
UPDATE: even with the Jtag QSB switched to 470 ohms,it's STILL throwing me an E79 error ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
May 14 2012, 09:41 PM
E79 is usually a hard drive problem or the connection. Try removing the HDD and see if it works. I would even try to play a game without the HDD and use a flash drive instead. Your 360, if updated, can configure a flash drive to be used as a memory unit to save games and content and what not on it. In sort, eliminate the HDD as a potential problem. Post back it if works or not.
A good sign that a HDD is bad or going bad is clicking sounds when it hits a bad spot, or just clicks all the time.
May 14 2012, 09:54 PM
Wasn't E79 just when the default smc interfeared with something in the xbox when HDMI was used?
To fix it you just had to use aud_clmp wiring with the modified smc instead and it didnt happen again, if I remember correctly.
May 15 2012, 01:04 PM
It's definatly not a HDD problem though,as it's giving me the E79 error without any HDD attached to my console but just a quick update here,when i removed the 2x Jtag QSB's i noticed that a trace line going to J2D2 hole 4 was broken (right by the hole it's self) so i've repaired the trace and going to retry and see if my console boots up.It boots fine with the original Nand image flashed back onto the Nand chip.
May 25 2012, 12:50 AM
i had the same problem with my kids zephyr for about a year would error then boot to the configuration setup
that stopped when i changed it to aud_clamp
May 25 2012, 12:11 PM
FIXED :) it turned out to be a broken trace line going to 1 of the Jtag points and a missing tiny resistor near the Jtag points.I took the exact same resistor from a scrap Xenon board and replaced it and repaired the broken trace line,tested ALL Jtag points with my multimeter and got good constant readouts.Put everything back together and the beast was back up and working again.
I recken i must have gone a bit heavy handed when i was tining the solder points on the Jtag QSB's and had knocked off the resistor by accident,silly me lol
But thanks so much for your replies,guys :)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here