I've been browsing posts for a couple of hours, and I have to say that I am very intrigued by the XBOX hacking. I am going to go to get Agent Under Fire, a Memory Card, and the Action Replay in a little while.
However, before I undertake XBOX hacking, I want to clear some things up.
See, I'm a total noob when it comes to this XBOX hack stuff. I need some answers.
1. How do I find out what version my XBOX is?
2. What is the difference between Revolution X and evoX?
3. Is there a way to surf the Internet with the XBOX? Or do I have to FTP all my files over to the box?
4. I have no inkling whatsoever to play backups or rip XBOX games onto the HD, but I am really interested in arcade / console emulation. Is this pretty easy to do?
5. If I burn a CD-RW to use in the XBOX(or once again will I have to FTP to use files), will it work or do I need a chip? I thought XBOX used DVDs.
6. Is this XBOX linux console driven, menu driven, or is it like X Windows?
7. Where do i get skins? The XBOX skin site is down.
8. I have a few XBL games. Do I get banned from XBL from playing backups only or because I have hacked my XBOX? Once again, I am not interested in playing backups AT ALL, I just want to know if I can get banned with a REGULAR game and a hacked XBOX.
9. Finally, if how hard is it to switch between The MS dashboard and the hacked one, and vice versa?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL